The Running Poets of Green Lake
Well here it is, 11 months into my year-long poetry/performance. I started taking my desk out to Green Lake on 1 July 2006. It's nearly July 2007 now! It's been a long and wonderful year. As my project winds down, I've started to organize some "instigations" to celebrate. For "Burning a Hole through the Seattle Freeze with Poetry" on 29 April, I took a blow torch to a 300lb block of ice. Once I'd melted a hole through it, I read "Fire and Ice" by Robert Frost to people on the other side. It was a curious and beautiful object.
I'd like you to participate!
1. Submit 1 short poem (max. 15 lines) to be printed on a cotton t-shirt
2. Include your name as you'd like it to appear
3. Include a short (5-10 line) bio to pass onto your runner
4. Send all info in the body of an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
5. Deadline: 5 June 2007!! That's soon.
I'm printing 100 shirts, each with an RPGL logo on the front and a unique poem on the back. Artists retain all rights. If you are a runner or know runners who wish to participate, have them stop by Sunday 10 June (after 9am) for a shirt (72nd & Aurora @ Green Lake).
Thank you for your participation!